Request to remove Discourse restrictions

I’m trying to create a page in Projects, but am not permitted to add more than 2 links. @jryans do you have privileges to mark us early folks as not new by any chance? We probably want to capture as much about any acceptable project as someone is willing to write, and automated moderation feels like overkill when the site is so tiny.

Ah, sorry about that! Discourse has a somewhat overwhelming set of new user safety features… :sweat_smile:

I have changed the trust settings for @akkartik and @thekkid, so hopefully that gets you past these restrictions.

If anyone else has trouble, just let me know and I will fix it. I will look into ways to disable such safety features entirely as well.

1 Like

Thanks so much!

(Looks like I failed to hit send on this draft days ago.)

I’m running into user restrictions as well. Would appreciate getting unlocked. :blush:

1 Like

Should be fixed now for you @rektide. Let me know if you are still encountering issues.

I have increased the default trust level and raised trust levels for all existing users, so hopefully this resolves the issue more generally.

1 Like